ROSA Desktop Release Candidate
* Kernel 3.6.7 with nrj patches to improve work at Desktops. Vanilla, PAE and RT kernels are available in repositories, as well.
* Kernels with CK1 +BFS +BFQ +TOI support are prepared, as well
* XServer 13 with the latest drivers. When migrating to a new version, we have tried to preserve support for old video cards as much as possible.
* Mesa 9
* Systemd 194
* Dracut 024
* Grub 2
* Qt4 4.8.4
* Plasma Desktop 4.9.4
* Firefox 17
* Thunderbird 17
* LibreOffice 3.6.2
* Chromium 23.0.1271.95
* ffmpeg 1.0.1
* RPM 5.4.10
* gcc 4.7
* glibc 2.15
* The latest versions of firmware and proprietary drivers are available in repositories, as well.
* EFI/UEFI support is integrated in the main ISO images (a signed loader to work with SecureBoot is expected to appear in the release).
* After installation, GRUB2 automatically detects and sets up the best screen resolution for the system
* Install in basic mode boot item is added to be able to launch installer on as many hardware as possible. Use this mode if you are experiencing problems with normal mode.
* Live and Install modes use text-mode plymouth theme to speed up booting.
* Bot services are optimized to speed up overall system boot time
* Added items to enable hibernating
* Improved support for modern devices and graphic cards
* Fixed problem with OSS functionality. Use cuse and ossp to work with OSS.
* Fixed issues with Synaptic touchpads.
* Fixed a set of issues with printer detection.
* Reworked firmaware handling and loading. In particular, now proper wi-fi modules are always loaded correctly and wi-fi work is much more stable.
* Improved work with modems. Implemented request for PIN code.
* Improved stability of network connections managed by NetworkManager. Fixed issues with DNS record handling.
Multumesc Doamnei Julia Dronova pentru anunt.